Lake Eacham Self Guided Walk
Lake Eacham Self Guided Walk:
- The Lake Eacham self-guided walk is approximately 700m long and will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- The walk extends from the National Parks Headquarters to the lake’s edge with 16 points of interest along the way.
- It is an easy and informative walk which will give you an insight into the local animals and plants of the rainforest.
- Along the walk you will hear the sounds of many different local birds and may spot some including the Emerald Dove and Australian Brush-Turkey.
How to get There:
- The Lake Eacham self-guided walk originates close to the Crater Lakes National Parks Headquarters.
- Therefore, getting there is very easy from The Chambers Wildlife Rainforest Lodges.
- You can go for a short walk down the drive from the Apartments and turn right to take you to the headquarters and then a left to go down the short roadway.
- The path begins about 50m away from the main roadway and is found on the right hand side of the road.
- Prior to your commencement of the walk, there are some self-guiding pamphlets found in a little box on the right. Take one of these. It will relate the things that you see on the walks and interpret them for you.
Additional self guided walk photos